Thursday, January 31, 2008

Making Progress




Slowly, but surely we are making some progress in the house. The floors are all in and we are working on getting new doors, putting in baseboards and all the little things that go into finishing up a project like this.
I'm especially excited to get the computer/ scrapbook room completed. I spend so much of my day in here that I need to have a space that allows me to be more organized. I'm horrible about keeping things put away and organized but I'm trying to set myself up for success this time around. There will be tons of storage with all the cabinets. I went out and bought 24 of the clear plastic boxes and I'm in the process of dividing all of my scrapbook embellishments by color. I'm hoping that not only will this help me know exactly where things are when I'm looking for them but will help me be better about putting them away when I'm done! I'm sure it will still be a challenge for me, but maybe it will be a little easier. I've included a picture of the beginnings of my color coordinated storage boxes. I still have a lot to add! Also, here is a picture of what the room looks like so far. Hoping to see counter tops soon and there will also be a shelf that runs between the two upper cabinets. I can't wait to post a picture of the completed look in the next week or two. The picture does not do the room color justice. Yes, it is a bright green and brown, but I think it works well in this room. Can't wait for all my friends to come scrap at my house sometime! Keep watching, I'll post the final look soon.
Oh, and if any of you have any great advice on staying organized, please fill me in! I need all the help I can get!

No comments: